Welcome Aboard


 

Burrard Yacht Club

The Burrard Yacht Club was established on May 5, 1932 and held its first official function (a cruise) some three weeks later. The club was formed out of the Vancouver Rowing Club, which in turn had been created in 1899 by the merger of the Vancouver Inlet Rowing Club and the Vancouver Inlet Boating Club. The club relocated to North Vancouver when suitable property was found and purchased in 1977, and in September of that year club members moved boats and shelters across Burrard inlet to the present facility in North Vancouver. This complex project was successfully completed due to the voluntary efforts of many members who contributed much time and effort to make the plans become a viable reality. Over 98% of the membership followed the club to its new location, and the Official Opening held October 1, 1977 was the first official function at the North Vancouver location.